åtto Abrasives Aerospace
For aerospace manufacturers, there is constant pressure to innovate, building safer, more efficient future-proof aircraft. Every part and component used in aerospace manufacturing must meet the utmost quality standards, and this is where we play our part.
Abrasive machining is a key material removal process utilised in the production of aeroengine components. At åtto abrasives we develop and manufacture specialised abrasives for applications across the entire aerospace sector.
- Choose åtto abrasive products to improve the quality of your finished parts, minimize abrasive costs, and reduce production time.
- We are dedicated to providing you with customizable abrasive solutions specifically manufactured to meet your requirements and exceed your expectations.
Grinding wheel selection
Correct grinding wheel selection is essential to ensure you receive the required finished part quality with the optimum cycle time. When selecting the most appropriate grinding wheel among the factors to consider are;
- Abrasive grit type & size
- Bond structure
- Hardness & friability
- If you require our assistance with wheel selection, please fill out the form below and we will be in tousch with you as soon as possible.
Product Matching & Customization
Send in your requirements and let us assist you in finding the correct product for your application.
åtto abrasives aerospace customers
Directly and through our worldwide distribution network, åtto supports many of the global leaders with our premium quality abrasive products.
We work with our customers in various regions of the aerospace sector to develop innovative abrasive solutions which offer increased productivity, minimize operating costs and deliver superior product performance.
åtto abrasives aerospace industry example
Here at åtto abrasives we work closely with key companies in the aerospace industry.
The NASA Mars 2020 mission is just one of the many examples whereby atto abrasives products were used in the development of an industry leading project.
For this project åtto abrasives products were used in the manufacturing of components by Pilgrim aerospace for the NASA Perserverance rover.
You can learn more in our news section.
Or follow the success of the Perserverance rover here.
Turbine Blade Manufacturing
Manufacturing turbine engine parts can be a high cost and risk endeavor, due to the tight tolerances required of the complex machined and cast components.The entire value of the part hinges on the part finish quality.
Therefore using the correct abrasives product is essential in achieving a high quality finish.
åtto abrasives manufactures a range of abrasive wheels for various aerospace applications such as:
Deburring is the process of removing burrs and bringing the geometry of the part within acceptable tolerance.
Burrs are unintentional formations of the manufacturing process. They are subjective features on a workpiece when either too much material has been removed or remains.
Burrs can be classified into four types according to Gillespie and Blotter, as shown in the image to the right.
- If you require our assistance with wheel selection for deburring, please follow the “Request more information” button below and share your specific conditions.
Precision Cutting Wheels:
We manufacture precision abrasive cut off wheels for accurate, burr free cutting of fastener materials. Specifications are available for wet or dry cutting of materials used in the manufacture of fasteners.
- Stainless Steel
- Alloy Steel
åtto Abrasives Centerless Grinding Range
åtto Abrasives is a long-established manufacturer of abrasive wheels for centreless grinding applications. Our range includes;
- Centerless Work Wheels: in rubber & cork specifications for Grinding & Polishing Applications
- Centerless Regulating (Control) Wheels: to control the rotation of the workpiece
- Cored Centerless Work Wheels
Learn more about our centerless grinding range by following the link.