åtto Abrasives is a leading manufacturer of high quality specialist abrasive grinding wheels.
We manufacture wheel specifications suitable for a wide range of applications and materials and custom formulate our grinding wheels using unique rubber and polymer bonds. Our unique bonds offer superior performance relative to conventional vitrified and resin wheels.
Grinding wheels consist of sharp abrasive grains held together by a bonding matric (rubber or polymer bond). As the grinding wheel operates, the wheel erodes to expose a fresh layer of sharp abrasive grains. åtto bonds are formulated to give the wheel strength and a consistent wear rate for optimum grinding performance.
åtto’s technical experts optimise key performance factors (e.g. bond type, density, porosity, abrasive grit, etc.) to formulate grinding wheels for specific applications. We create a grinding wheel to match your application and operating requirements.
Our grinding wheel range includes:
- Grinding wheels (type 1) for grinding & de-burring of components
- Type 2 / cylinder wheels for cutlery & industrial blade applications
- Flute wheels for grinding & flute clearing of twist drill and reamers
- Epoxy bonded grinding wheels for cutlery & hand-tool manufacture
- Rubber bonded grinding wheels for centreless grinding of bearings, shock absorbers, etc.
Benefits of åtto grinding Wheels
- Clean Burr-free Cut
- Close Tolerances
- Long Wheel Life
- Cost Effective
- No alteration of material characteristics
- Superior Finish
- High Operating Speed
- Minimum Heating
- High stock removal
- Mild Steel
- Hardened Steel
- Stainless Steel