At åtto Abrasives we manufacture a range of Metallurgical Sampling consumables aka (cut-off wheels)to meet your requirements.
These Metallurgical Sampling consumables or cut-off wheels are specifically manufactured for the precision cutting of ferrous metals with a hardness of 500+HV.
- These cutting wheels provide Burr free precision cutting
- They are Resin-Bonded & suitable for cutting of ferrous metals with a hardness of 500+HV
- Further sizes and specifications available upon request
- Standard Tolerances+/- 0.05mm (0.002”)
- Available in a full range of specifications, abrasive grit types & sizes
- Customised to suit particular process needs & applications
The selection of cutting wheel for your specific material type is important in achieving the best precision cut. These particular wheels are specifically formulated for the cutting of Hard-ferrous metalic materials (500+ HV). For more information about correct product matching contact us here.
Ferrous Metals = Metals that contain Iron.
One simple test you can use to discover which type (ferrous or non-ferrrous), the metal you are working, is to see whether or not it is magnetic. Ferrous metals are magnetic.